Cubemen Alpha 0.90 is ready!
Cubemen Alpha 0.90 is done and amazingly, it’s release is ahead of schedule. That doesn’t happen often in the games industry, so forgive me while I celebrate a bit!
The release is being process on Desura as I type and should be available as an update for existing owners and a new installer for new customers shortly.
So, whats new (between 0.89 and 0.90) ?
- Added new SPIRALED Skirmish level
- Added new SPINELESS Skirmish level
- Added new CROSSED Defense level
- Added new BURNER enemy (shoots fire)
- Added wave difficulty indicator to allow players to plan strategy based on the difficulty of the wave
Changes & Improvements
- Updated enemy Rocket man to Crossbow man
- Improved many levels wave patterns (be prepared to more of a challenge in many levels)
- Improved Versus AI gameplay and AI smartness (still a work in progress)
- Improved Level Start screen on Versus modes
- Improved/Cleaned up some network game exit code
- Changed resource amount from 500 -> 350 for Limited Cubes mode
- Increased number of and speed of enemy shrapnel ( hurts you more, sorry 🙂 )
- Activated the self destruct button on players to clear them and earn back half cost in cubes
- Fixed position of next enemy message for when not playing in Classic mode
- Fixed position of game mode name in game HUD
- Fixed bug where sometimes the last wave would not complete spawning before game over event
- Fixed bug where camera shake sometimes left camera off centre
- Fixed double placement but in Skirmish games Versus AI
- Fixed missing Achievement UI graphics from some levels
- Lots of minor bug fixes